Knee Replacement Failures / Recalls / Lawsuits
Metal-on-Metal knee replacement attorneys of McSweeney / Langevin are providing free legal consultations to individuals and families harmed as a result of a Johnson & Johnson DePuy or Zimmer NexGen knee replacement systems. Give us a call, or use our private contact form.
Metal-on-Metal Total Knee Replacement Failures and Lawsuits Continue to Rise
Metal-on-metal knee replacements, specifically systems manufactured by Zimmer and Johnson & Johnson (DePuy Orthopaedics), are causing problems within the first few years after replacement.
The problem with metal-on-metal implants is that although the metal does not wear out quickly, it does create microscopic particles of metallic debris. This metallic debris can lead to soft-tissue and bone damage around the knee joint. In some patients, this tissue damage has been severe, causing permanent injury and requiring additional / revision surgery. Patients with metal-on-metal knee implants are much more likely to need additional, costly, and painful revision surgeries.
Patients with these metal-on-metal knee implants have also been found to have high levels of metal ions in their blood stream, evidence of the microscopic wear particles escaping into the body.
Risks / Side Effects of Metal-on-Metal Knee Replacement Systems
- Pieces of the knee replacement system may fracture
- Knee Replacement Failure
- Loosening of Replacement parts
- Loss of function of the limb
- Soft tissue injury or death
- Severe pain, typically radiating into the thigh, calf or back of knee
- Difficulty standing or walking
- Necrosis (death of body tissue)
- Bone and soft tissue damage
- Elevated cobalt or chromium levels in blood
- Implant loosening
- Lysis (destruction of dissolution of cells)
- Device failure
- Fluid collection and/or masses of tissues collecting around the joint
- The need for additional revision surgeries (which may or may not be successful in correcting the problem)
Manufacturers of Metal-on-Metal and/or Defective Knee Replacement Systems
- Johnson & Johnson (Depuy Orthopaedics) LPS Diaphyseal Sleeve
- Zimmer NexGen Total Knee Replacement CR-Flex
Did You or a Loved One Experience Any of The Above Symptoms or Injuries?
Please feel free to contact a metal-on-metal knee replacement attorney using the form to the right or by dialing 1-877-542-4646. One of our experienced knee replacement lawyers will help evaluate your claim and explain your legal rights for free. Information provided by email or phone will be kept confidential.
Metal-on-Metal (MoM) Knee Replacement System Recalls / Litigation News and Updates
Johnson & Johnson (Depuy Orthopaedics) LPS Diaphyseal Sleeve
09/11/2008 Zimmer NEXGEN Knee Solution