Defective Hip Replacement Lawsuit
Defective hip replacement attorneys Rhett McSweeney and David Langevin are providing free legal consultations to individuals and families harmed as a result of Metal-on-Metal (MoM) hip replacement systems. Give us a call or use our private contact form.
Defective hip replacements can fail just a few years after they are implanted
Metal-on-metal hip replacements can cause problems within the first few years after replacement. The constant friction that takes place in a hip joint may cause the defective hip replacement to wear down and spread metallic debris throughout the body. This debris can cause soft-tissue injury, bone damage around the hip joint, and even metallosis. Metallosis is a build-up of metal debris in the soft tissue of the body. As a result, patients with metal-on-metal hip implants are much more likely to need costly revision surgeries.
Some of the more popular models of metal on metal hips include Johnson & Johnson / DePuy Orthopaedics ASR and Pinnacle systems and Stryker Orthopaedics Rejuvenate and Stryker ABG II systems.
Risks / Side Effects of Defective Hip Replacement Systems
- Severe pain, typically radiating into the groin and/or back
- Difficulty standing or walking
- Necrosis (death of body tissue)
- Bone and soft tissue damage
- Elevated cobalt or chromium levels in blood
- Implant loosening
- Lysis (destruction of dissolution of cells)
- Device failure
- Fluid collection and/or masses of tissues collecting around the joint
- The need for additional revision surgeries (which may or may not be successful in correcting the problem)
Manufacturers of Metal on Metal and/or Defective Hip Replacement Systems
- Johnson & Johnson Hip Replacement Devices ASR XL Acetabular System and the ASR Hip Resurfacing System
- Stryker Rejuvenate and the Stryker ABG II
- Smith & Nephew R3 Acetabular
- Biomet M2A Magnum
- Zimmer Durom Cup
- Wright Medical Conserve and Profemur Z Hip System
FDA Recall Notice Metal-on-Metal (MoM) Hip Replacement Systems
FDA Safety Communication: Metal-on-Metal Hip Implants
It is very important to understand that not all Metal on Metal hip systems have been recalled by the FDA. However, our hip replace attorneys are bringing claims against manufacturers of metal on metal hip systems that have not been recalled.
Did You or a Loved One Experience Any of The Above Symptoms or Injuries Following an All Metal Total Hip Replacement Surgery?
Please feel free to contact a defective hip replacement attorney using the form to the right or by dialing 1-877-542-4646 FREE. One of our experienced hip replacement lawyers will help evaluate your claim and explain your legal rights for free. Information provided by email or phone will be kept confidential.
Free Confidential Case Evaluation
To contact us for a free review of your potential case, please fill out the form below or call us toll free 24 hrs/day by dialing FREE
FREE Case Review
An asterisk (*) indicates a required field.